Deitel & Deitel C++ How to Program∞
- This is my favorite book that I used to learn how to program in C. It is also my favorite C
reference. My book is the second edition and they are now to the 5th, so I am guessing that it is the same or of a higher quality now.
DATA STRUCTURES with C++ Using STL Second Edition∞
- This book is a must have if you are new to programming and don't know much about data structures or the STL. It provides great explainations of various data structures, their implementation, and suitability. I rarely use it for a reference book, though, as looking up quick stuff about STL is easy enough on the net.
Practical Common Lisp∞
- Practical Common Lisp - The whole book is online, but I bought it as I like having the physical thing to read. I have made it through the frirst several chapters and its amazing with fun projects.
- The common lisp wiki. Links to and resources for free software implemented in Common Lisp and available on Unix-like systems.
- This is a great Python Tutorial for new and used programmers and a quick reference for looking up syntax.